Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Bench Swing for the Garden

Last week at a yard sale and snagged this sweet wooden porch swing for 20 bucks. It's in great shape with all of the hardware. I'm thinking about building a little arbor frame for it in the back yard near my soon-to-be raised vegetable beds. My son, Charlie, loves sitting on bench swings!




As for the potting hutch project, I'm not quite finished. I'm hoping to have before and after photos on Friday!  While the backyard project is slow moving, it's so nice to watch it transform. By spring, our little patch of urban Dallas turf will be transformed into a mini (I stress "mini") homestead. We'll have a wheel chair accessible porch, seating area, new fence, raised vegetable beds, compost bins, rain barrel, potting hutch, chicken coop and laying hens!


Here are some inspiration photos for the garden swing...

source

source

4 comments:

Connie said...

Maybe we could help on that project in Jan. Great find!25

Peggy said...

You snagged an amazing deal! I am so happy for you and your family! A porch swing is such a dreamy addition to your garden. :)!!!

Sarah Greenman said...

Oh yes! Connie / Mama... would you and your man be able to help build something like this? xoxoxoxo

A Perfect Gray said...

what a steal!